Why Choose Mum’s
Things to consider before hiring a cleaning company:
‘One man band’ cleaning companies are becoming increasingly common place with the rise of the internet. It has become very easy for an individual cleaner to create a website, advertise cheaply all over the web, and take up the appearance of a professional company while being no more than a single person. They can often be spotted by their contact details: if they have only a mobile number listed, and just a free easily obtainable email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) they are most probably just a private individual. While they can often offer cheap prices, we believe there are a number of serious advantages to using a professional cleaning company such as ourselves over cases such as these.
- Trust: At the end of the day you are letting a stranger into your home, and sometimes even entrusting them with your house keys. It’s therefore vitally important for your safety and peace of mind that you can trust them. All of our employees are carefully selected to be trustworthy individuals, references are checked. Each cleaners are put on a trial clean then trained to Mum’s Helping Hands high standards. These precautions can be very difficult to take when hiring private cleaners, many do not have DBS, and checking numerous references for each cleaner could be very time consuming. Our insurance includes a key holding policy to cover accidental loss and customer keys are kept in a locked safe. These are features that individual cleaners often simply can’t offer due to cost and practicality.
- Reliability: In the event of a private cleaner falling ill or going on holiday, you would normally have to make do without any cleaning for that period. You don’t have to worry about any of that with Mum’s, as we can arrange cover at a moment’s notice.
- Personal Service: Some people see advantages in hiring a private individual, such as building a good working relationship, and having someone get to know their property and how they like it cleaned. At Mum’s Helping Hands we are sure to provide you with these advantages despite being a bigger company. We always ensure the same cleaner is kept to the same customer as far as we possibly can, so that the relationship and experience will still be built.
- Customer Service: It’s simply our experience that customers tend to prefer being able to talk with a higher level of management if when needs be, rather than always deal directly with the cleaner themselves. The fact that we have a central office means there’s someone there to answer your call and deal with your query regardless of what your cleaner is doing.
- Flexibility: Rather than having to work around an individual’s busy schedule, we have a large number of cleaners on our books, meaning you should have a good deal more flexibility when booking your appointments with the cleaning company.
- Health and Safety: our health and safety is renewed annually by following a strict audit. Mum’s Helping Hands Cleaning Company has achieved SAFEcontractor certification status reaching the SAFEcontractor Health & Safety standards. This is something that individual cleaners often tend not to bother with as they see it as only having themselves to worry about. However, if an uninsured cleaner injures themselves in your home it could be you that’s liable!
- Insurance: We have extensive public and employers liability insurance up to £1,000,000 and £10,000,000 respectively, so any mishaps that may occur in the home are fully covered. This ensures you never have to risk paying out yourself for any damage an uninsured cleaner could do.
We are accredited by the following bodies:
- UKHCA – “United Kingdom Homecare Association Ltd (UKHCA) is the professional association of home care providers from the independent, voluntary, not-for-profit and statutory sectors. UKHCA helps organisations that provide social care, which may include nursing services, to people in their own homes, promoting high standards of care and providing representation with national and regional policy-makers and regulators.
- SAFEcontractor – Mum’s Helping Hands Cleaning Company prides itself in being accredited with a leading-edge scheme: SAFEcontractor. This programme recognises very high standards of health and safety practice amongst UK cleaning contractors. Under the SAFEcontractor system, Mum’s Helping Hands Cleaning Company undergoes a vetting process, which examines our health and safety procedures, our risk assessment and our track record for safe methods of working.
- BICSc – The British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICS) was founded in 1961. BICS is an independent body which concentrates on improving opportunities for education, training and qualifications within the cleaning industry. Through the achievement of these objectives the Institute seeks to achieve better recognition and status for the cleaning industry.
- Allergy UK – the leading national medical charity providing advice, information, and support to people with allergies, food intolerance, and chemical sensitivity. We are the first company to be working with them as an Allergy Friendly Service, and we hope this relationship will help to ease the lives of allergy sufferers.
- CQC – The Care Quality Commission is a non-departmental public body of the United Kingdom government established in 2009 to regulate and inspect health and social care services in England. This includes services provided by the NHS, local authorities, private companies and voluntary organisations – whether in hospitals, care homes or people’s own homes. Part of the Commission’s remit is protecting the interests of people whose rights have been restricted under the Mental Health Act
We are also members of the:
- Age Concern Business Directory – The Age Concern Business Directory is the first online, one-stop directory to be developed specifically for older people. The aim of the Directory is to make life easier for thousands of older people, their carers, families or friends who will be looking for products or services tailored to their needs. Due to their work with vulnerable people, each company featured in the directory has had its references investigated and insurance checked.
- Information Commissioner’s Office – Our company is registered under the Data Protection Act so all confidential customer information is stored securely and never disclosed.
- Federation of Small Businesses – The Federation of Small Businesses is the UK’s largest campaigning pressure group promoting and protecting the interests of the self-employed and owners of small firms. Formed in 1974, it now has 213,000 members across 33 regions and 194 branches.
Customers can often be attracted to the lower prices of private cleaners, but we feel that the reasons above are more than enough to justify paying that little bit more for the professionalism, security, trust, and reliable service that we can offer.