Terms and Conditions
Last updated July 2021
- This page tells you about the terms on which you may use our website (mumshelpinghands.com) (“website”).
- These terms apply when you use our website, engage us to carry out cleaning servicesand also where you form a legally binding contract with us.
- These terms were last updated in July 2021, and we may update them from time to time. Please check them regularly.
- It’s important to us that you understand these terms, so please do ask if there is anything you’re unsure about.
- We reserve the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice.
- By ordering ourcleaning servicesyou agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
WHO WE ARE
- We are Mum’s Helping Hands Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”) a company registered in England under company number 07007017, with registered office Unit 11 Lenton Business Centre, Lenton Boulevard, Nottingham, NG7 2BY. We are the owners of this website.
- The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website, or purchaser of our goods and services.
- Our cleaners are self-employed contractors acting on our behalf.
REGULAR DOMESTIC AND COMMERCIAL CLEANING SERVICES
- Minimum of 2 hours per cleaning visit applies.
- We reserve the right to suspend cleaning services if monthly payments are unpaid.
- If any estimates of how long it will take our cleaner to do the job are being provided, that is only an estimate based on the average time it takes to clean a home or office of similar size to yours. This is because it is difficult to estimate precisely how long such tasks may take and therefore a degree of flexibility may be required.
- For residential cleaning, you are required to provide all cleaning equipment and products needed for the required work, unless other arrangements have been made with us. If youdo not have cleaning materials, we can supply products etc for you at an extra charge. Please contact our office if you require products before the job commences as we will not be held responsible if the cleaner arrives without products and is not able to clean.
- For commercial clients,unless you have made arrangements and have agreed to make use of your own products and equipment,we will provide all cleaning equipment and products, to be stored in a safe place at your premises. You are fully responsibility for all equipment and products and will be liable for any loss or damage to our equipmentour equipment and/or products. You must notify us immediately in writing should our equipment and/or products be lost or damaged and we will invoice you for replacements.
- We require a full months’ payment in advance for all domestic cleans to secure your cleaning slot.
- All cleaning equipment should be safe and in full working order.
- Though we will always aim to provide the same cleaner to your property, this is not always possible due to annual leave/sickness. Under these circumstances a replacement cleaner will be provided. We aim to inform you of any changes prior to your visit however we are not obliged to do so.
- The price quoted does not include any other work besides cleaning and ironing labour.
- If our cleanerneeds to collect keys from an address outside the postal code of the premises where work is to be carried out, a £10 charge will apply.
- You must always notify our office in writing (i.e., by email or text message) if you want us to retain a key for your property. We will not be held responsible for loss of keys if you givea cleaner your key without letting our office know.
- We will not be responsible for triggering any alarm systems. You should give any special instructions for deactivation/activation of any household alarm systems to our office prior to the cleaning visit.
- We reserve the right not to continue with the job if, on inspection, it is found that the material to be cleaned or treated is not suitable for cleaning or treatment. We will also not continue with the job if water or power is not available or if there is interference in the work from you or any other person.
END OF TENANCY CLEANING/SPRING AND ONE-OFF CLEANING/ AFTER BUILDERS CLEANING
- If any estimates of how long it will take our cleanersto do the job are being provided, that is only an estimate based on the average time it takes to clean a property of similar size to you. This is because it is difficult to estimate precisely how long such tasks may take and thereforea degree of flexibility may be required.
- We use national average room sizes when calculating the price over the telephone.
Wereserve the right to amend the initial quotation, should your original requirements change or upon inspection of the property.
For bedrooms bigger than 20 square meters and living rooms bigger than 40 square meters, the price will increase.
- The price quoted is not for a “package deal” and does not include any other work besidescleaning labour.
- We will provide all cleaning equipment and products
- For one-off and deep cleans, full payment should be madein advance before the clean commences.
- Youhave the right to cancel or reschedule the service agreed. For cancellations requested within 24 hours of the scheduled visit, a £25 cancellation fee will apply.
- The End of Tenancy Cleaning, One Off/Spring Cleaning and an After Builders Cleaning do not include cleaning of: walls, ceilings, curtains, blinds exterior windows, balcony, patio, gardens, washing up, laundry and professional carpet and upholstery cleaning.
- All cupboards, shelves, fridges, and freezers to be cleaned must be emptied by you before our visit. If they are not empty, we will neither empty nor clean them.
- If our cleaner needs to collect keys from an address outside the postal code of the premises where work is to be carried out, a £10.00 charge will apply.
- We will not be responsible for triggering any alarm systems. Customer should give any special instructions for deactivation/activation of any household alarm systemsto our office prior the cleaning visit.
- You are advised that an end of tenancy cleaning may take double the length of the time required for a general cleaning. After Builders Cleaning, After Party Cleaning or badly neglected homes may take up to three times longer than a well-maintained home requiring the same service.
- We reserve the right not to continue with the job if, on inspection, it is found that the material to be cleaned or treated is not suitable for cleaning or treatment. Mum’s Helping Hands also will not continue with the job if water or power is not available or if there is interference in the work from you or any other person.
CARPET/UPHOLSTERY CLEANING SERVICES
- We reserve the right to amend the initial quotation should your original requirements change.
- Any differences will be discussed with you prior to starting the work.
- If our need to collect keys from anaddress outside the postal code of the premises where work is to be carried out, a £10.00 charge will apply
- If you havea dog, cat or other hairy animal hair making a significant difference to the cleaning process, an additional 30% extra charge will be added to the service price.
- We will not be responsible for failing to remove old permanent stains that cannot be removed using normal carpet cleaning methods. Existing damage will be reported prior to commencing work.
- Any parking or congestion charges will be added to your invoice unless a different agreement was made.
- We reservethe right not to continue with the job, if on inspection, it is found that the material to be cleaned or treated is not suitable for cleaning or treatment. We will also not continue with the job if water or power is not available or if there is interference in the work from you or any other person.
CLEANING SUPPLIES EQUIPMENT
- We provide all cleaning equipment and products equipment for commercial/ office cleaning, end-of tenancy cleans, after-builders cleans and any form of deep clean.Our cleaners are properly trained to use our cleaning equipment and products only.
- All our regular domestic clients must provide their own cleaning product/equipment and we will not be held liable for any damage that is caused by the use of your products.
- We do not climb higher than a 2-step ladder.
- We cannot move furniture over 15 lbs but will try to reach a visible place with an extension duster.
- If an area in the property is considered, or has the potential to be considered, a bio hazard, that area will not be cleaned (i.e.emptying/cleaning cat litter boxes, human/animal excrement, etc). It is to your advantage to minimise any such bio hazard prior to our visit so that we can clean all areas and optimise your cleaning. We provide light straightening of the areas that we clean. If such areas/surfaces are cluttered at the time of cleaning, we will clean around those areas and you will be notified.
- For regular domestic cleaning,you will be charged a month in advance and for commercial cleaning, you will be charged a month in arrears. This will normally be paid by bank transfer.
- For one-off services, full payment should be paid in advance before the service commences.
- Payment can be made by bank transfer or cash on completion of the service.
- Payment can be made by cheque payable to ‘Mum’s Helping Hands Limited’ on completion of the service. If paying by cheque, you will be responsible for all bank and legal charges resulting from a dishonoured cheque.
- All prices are subject to current rate of VAT.
- Any ‘late payments’ may be subject to additional charges.
- If payment is not made after 30 days of invoice, then the account will be passed to a collection’s agency, after which time a charge of 15% on top of the initial invoice due, will be added to the debt. You agree as part of this contract to pay this sum which represents our reasonable costs in collecting the unpaid amounts.
- All payments must be made in Great Britain Pounds.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY POLICY
The safety of our clients and cleaners is paramount at Mum’s Helping Hands. We maintain a strict policy regarding the privacy of our clients and cleaners.
- You should not share phone numbers with your cleaner to arrange alternative days for cleaning.You must contact our office to arrange alternative cleaning visits, which need to be booked in on our company system for safety reasons and insurance purposes.
- We guarantee discretion and do not share information (including but not limited to e-mail, residential addresses, telephone numbers and profiles).
- We do not allow anyone into the property without explicit direction from our client. We also ask that you inform our office of any expected service or delivery persons or if someone will be in the home working or visiting upon cleaner’s arrival.
- Cleaners must wear shoes to be in compliance with government safety standards.
- Keys that we are instructed to retain on your behalf are coded and do not have personal or identifiable information on key-tags.
Please advise of anything in the property that is not working properly (i.e.glass shower door falls off hinges when opened, hot water tap is reversed with cold water, exposed wiring, picture frame is already broken and should not be moved, etc.)
COMPLAINTS AND CLAIMS
- You must report any poor service, breakage/damage, or theft in writing within 24 hours from the service date. Failure to do so will entitle customer to no refunds or recovery cleanings.
- We require the presence of you or your representative at the beginning and at the end of the cleaning session so an inspection can be carried out and if any corrections are needed, this should be made on the same day. If you are not completely satisfied with the cleaning services, we will re-clean any areas and item/s before the completion of the service on the same day.
- If you have scheduled an inventory check, then it must be scheduled to commence no later than 24 hours after the cleaning job has been completed.
- We may take up to 5 working days to respond to a complaint.
- We will not accept a complaint based on an inventory check report, filed more than 24hours after the cleaning session.
- All fragile and highly breakable items must be secured or removed. Items excluded from liability are cash, jewellery, items of sentimental value, art and antiques.
- Key replacement/locksmith fees are paid only if keys are lost by our cleaner. There is a £30 per property liability limit.
- You must appreciate that carpets often will not have a consistent appearance after cleaning by reason of differences in wear and tear. Sunlight will sometimes cause fading in areas of the carpet and cleaning cannot rectify this. Stains are not always visible before dirt is removed and it may not be possible to remove those stains completely. We will use its reason ableefforts to provide a good result, but you are asked to be aware of these limitations which are common to all cleaning operations.
- In case of damage,which is agreed has been caused by our cleaners, we will try to repair the items. In such a circumstance and should the item be irreparable, we will claim on our insurance for a replacement item, or equivalent monetary payment.
- We shall not be held liable for: any delay to a cleaning visit due to a traffic congestion, postponed service due to broken equipment, job not complete due to lack of hot water or power and suitable cleaning materials and/or equipment in full working order provided by you, third party obstruction of our services at your property, accidental damages worth up to £50.
INSURANCE AND LIABILITY
- We hold at all times Public liability insurance and Professional Liability Insurance. Our Public and Employers’ liability policy will cover any accidental damages caused by a cleaner working on our behalf,provided said accidental damage is reported in writing within 24 hours of the service date.
- Insurance cover does not include anything that may break down or stop working at any time such as: dishwasher, washing machine, oven, cookers, extractor fans, fridge, freezer, etc, any other items, instability of which you are already aware of such us bathroom appliances or any fixtures. You are obliged to warn us or the cleaner about any appliances, fixtures or fittings that are poorly fixed or not in full working order.
- We will be responsible for any foreseeable loss directly caused to you by using our website and our services. This loss will be limited to £1,000,000.
- We are not responsible for any indirect, special, or consequential loss, howsoever caused, including loss of profit, loss of opportunity or loss of goodwill.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of material on our website. As far as legally possible, we exclude legal responsibility for the following:
- Any loss to you arising from the use of our website; and
- Loss of income, profit, business, data, contracts, goodwill, or savings.
- We also exclude, as far as legally possible, all terms and warranties or promises implied by law or by statutes.
- We do not exclude legal responsibility for death or personal injury owing to our negligence, or legal responsibility for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or for anything else where exclusion is not allowed by the law.
- We are nor responsible for any items left in the premises that go missing and this is the sole responsibility of the cleaner against whom you would need to pursue action against.
- If a cleaner mistakenly disposes of something that you had not intended to be disposes of, we are not responsible for that mistake, and this is the sole responsibility of the cleaner against whom you would need to pursue action against.
- You are not entitled to a full refund under any circumstances.that
- If you are not satisfied with the cleaning service provided and a complaint has been made in the stated 24 hours after the job has been completed, we reserve the right to return a cleaner and re-clean any areas and items to your reason able satisfaction. Therefore, the Client must allow the cleaner to be returned and he/she should be always at present during the re-clean.
- We reserve the right to return a cleaner no more than once.
- If you refuse a re-clean,we will offer you client a reasonable refund.
- You may cancel the scheduled cleaning job up to 24 hours prior to the agreed start time
- Refunds will not be given for any advanced payment made in the event of cancellation.
- You must pay 100% of the quote as a cancellation fee in the event of a lock-out caused by our cleaners being turned away; no one home to let them in; no water or power available at the property or problem with keys. If keys are provided to our cleaner, they must be able to open the lock without any special efforts or skills.
- If an initial deposit has been paid to us,then you agree that deposit funds may be used to cover the cancellation fee.
- No service will be provided on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years ’Day unless specifically requested, in which case you will be charged double the normal cost.
AFTER CANCELLATION OF THE CLEANING SERVICE
- You must not within 12 months of terminating our services, without our prior written consent, either directly or indirectly contact or solicit our cleaners with whom you have had dealings (i.e., they have cleaned your property).
- You must not at any time before or within 12 months of terminating our services, hire, employ, engage, or instruct any of our cleaners to undertake cleaning or ironing labour for you or any third party to whom you are related, directly or indirectly. In the event that this obligation is breached, we reserve the right to recover our loss of income in a sum of one.
USE OF THE WEBSITE
- You have permission for temporary use of the website, but we can withdraw or change our service at any time without telling you and without being legally responsible to you.
- You must treat all identification codes, passwords, and other security information as confidential. If we think you have failed to keep confidentiality, we are allowed to disable any security information (including your passwords and codes).
- If you allow anyone else to use our website, you must make sure that they read these terms first, and that they follow them.
- Only use the website as allowed by law and these terms. If you don’t, we may suspend your usage, or stop it completely.
- We frequently update the website and make changes to it, but we don’t have to do this, and material on the website may be out-of-date. No material on the website is intended to contain advice, and you shouldn’t rely on it. We exclude all legal responsibility and costs for reliance placed on the website by anyone.
- By using the website, you agree to us handling this information and confirm that the data you provide is accurate.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from our website any material:
(a) that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience.
(b) for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals.
(c) which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party in the UK or any other country in the world; or
(d) which is harmful in a technical sense (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse our website (including, without limitation, by hacking it).
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- We are the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights on the website (for example the copyright and any rights in the designs) and in any of the material posted on it. They are protected by copyright.
- You acknowledge that you are prohibited from copying, disassembling, reverse decompiling or saving the same, in any manner or any form whatsoever, by any means whether electronic, manual, mechanical, digital, optical, photographic, or otherwise any of our intellectual property to pass of as your own for the purpose of redistribution, dealing or reselling of the products or services.
- If you breach these terms, you lose your right to use our website, and must destroy or return any copies of our digital content or products you have made.
- If you do anything which is a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990, your right to use the website will end straightaway. We will report you to the relevant authorities and give them your identity.
- Examples of computer misuse include introducing viruses, worms, Trojans and other technologically harmful or damaging material.
- You must not try to get access to our website or server or any connected database or make any ‘attack’ on the website. We won’t be legally responsible to you for any damage from viruses or other harmful material that you pick up via our website.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All personal information that we may use will be collected, processed, and held in accordance with the provisions of the EU law version of the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679), together with the UK Data Protection Act.
THIRD PARTY RIGHTS
- Unless it expressly states otherwise, these terms do not give rise to any rights under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of these terms.
- These terms and conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising hereunder, shall be governed by, and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales and all disputes arising under these terms and conditions (including non-contractual disputes the laws of England and Wales, and by agreeing to be bound by them the customer agrees to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the England and Wales. We reserve the right to make any changes to any part of these terms and conditions without giving any prior notice.